LIMITED WARRANTY FOR CONSUMER LUBRICANTS
Royal Purple® formulates, manufactures and markets lubricants of the highest quality to ensure they meet and exceed the performance requirements for all applicable engines, engine components, or automobile systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIM
Royal Purple warrants you, the purchasing consumer, that its lubricant products are free of defects. As an extra measure of quality assurance, if a Royal Purple lubricant is shown to have caused damage to an engine, engine component, or other lubricated automotive system, Royal Purple will replace the defective lubricant and pay for the reasonable cost of repair or replacement of the affected engine, engine component, or other lubricated automotive system.
- The additive was used in accordance with any Royal Purple product instructions;
- The vehicle is using the appropriate Royal Purple additive type in accordance with the written instructions of Royal Purple, and was using such Royal Purple additive at the time of component failure;
- Vehicle has been reasonably maintained and maintenance has been performed within the vehicle’s OEM recommended schedule or the written instructions of Royal Purple;
- The vehicle has never been used for a commercial or agricultural purpose; and
- The vehicle has never been used in racing or competitive events.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUDES
- Conditions where a Royal Purple additive has been used with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by Royal Purple.
- Failure of engine, engine components or other affected components due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of Royal Purple additives.
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear and tear.
- Royal Purple additive products that were contaminated after leaving Royal Purple control. For example, contamination due to improper storage, handling, or dispensing of the additive.
- Failure of the applicable automobile system as a result of an OEM defect or a defect in any other non-Royal Purple product or component.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCESS
- Royal Purple must be notified of the potential claim within thirty (30) days of the date when such damage or failure is first detected.
- Where determined appropriate by Royal Purple, consumer must be prepared to provide a sample of the product in question from the failed or damaged vehicle for identification and analysis by Royal Purple. For claims of defective product, any remaining unused product from the container in question must also be provided for inspection by Royal Purple. The minimum sample amount required is ten (10) fluid ounces.
- Royal Purple must be provided the right to review the maintenance records of the vehicle to establish that reasonable and OEM scheduled maintenance was performed on the vehicle.
- Royal Purple must be provided the right to inspect the vehicle, including any damaged engine, engine component, or automotive system of the vehicle.
- A written diagnosis of the failure, including a list of failed components and the cause of failure, by a qualified technician, must be provided to Royal Purple.
- All damaged parts must be kept and made available to Royal Purple for inspection upon request.
- You must cooperate with Royal Purple’s reasonable efforts to investigate your claim. Failure to cooperate will void this warranty.
This Limited Warranty provided herein will be your exclusive and only remedy against Royal Purple. Royal Purple excludes and disclaims any and all implied warranties including but not limited to implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability. You will not be able to recover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or the full disclaimer of implied warranties, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to your state. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Contact the Royal Purple Technical Services Department to inquire about a claim or for questions about this Limited Warranty.